Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Kangaroos were everywhere!!!

Kyla and I went on a field trip today for her homeschool program to a kangaroo farm and a pumpkin patch. There were over 50 kangaroos (all different types) and emus, lemurs, goats, turkeys, peacocks, parrots, and a "not so friendly" miniature pony. The kangaroos were so cute and friendly. We actually got to feed them and one just kept licking my hand like a puppy. A mommy was even hopping around with her little baby poking out of her pouch.

It was also a beautiful fall day so the scenery was just breathtaking. The trees were all glowing of crimson and gold. The pumpkin patch trip was short but we got a couple of cute photo ops.


11 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger jeanette said...

A)That looks like the coolest "field trip" ever! :)
B) I LOVE how cozy and "Fall" it looks up there. I'm jealous!

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger C's Mom said...

Beautiful pictures!

I have to say a kangaroo farm and a pumpkin patch are an interesting mix but what fun!

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger 4D said...

What a cool place...kangaroo farm!

Great photos!

Keep smilin!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

Those are really great pictures!!! I think I live wayyyyyy over that mountain somewhere!!! lol

Come visit sometime!!!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

That is a great field trip! I really love the one of you and your daughter together! Great memories!

Oh, and I'll be watching the Hale family's journey to Tessa. Thanks for the link!

Janet

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Gen said...

Where is that???? It looks like so much fun - man I am totally missing out :(

The weather looks amazing!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

Elise... I found your blog by accident, linked from another one. Our family's last name is the same as yours, just spelled differently. :-) God bless your journey to your daughter... we adopted our youngest from the Sichuan province 10 months ago today! We're at NowWeAre6.blogspot.com

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger t~ said...

Beautiful!

Looks as though you could use my leaf blower! I might be able to blow my way to you! Ok, now I got the urge, I am going to go fire the leaf blower up and get my thrills for the afternoon.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Kim M. said...

What a fun place. Great pictures!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Looks like fun love the squirrel picture.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Fantastic pictures..I love fall.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home