Monday, October 02, 2006

It was a great mail day!!!

You gotta love the postman on day like today. I was truly blessed with all the packages that were sitting at my door when I came home this afternoon.

First, my Firefly Secret Pal sent me this wonderful gift of an antique mooncake form. What an awesome present!!! She also sent me a paper describing the origin of the Moon Festival and the signifigance of the mooncakes. You can read about it here. Isn't that just the coolest???

She also sent along the most fabulous books in the package. The are the sweetest stories and we can't wait to read them to our Gracie!!! Thank you to my Firefly Secret Pal, this first month has just been awesome!!!


There was another big package at the door too, this one came from my CCAI secret pal. I know what your thinking, "Two Secret Pals"? but oh this is so much fun how could I resist? Besides I justify the fact these gifts are not for me anyway...they are for Grace. Look at the cute Cabbage Patch Doll that my CCAI secret pal sent. She is so adorable!!! Her name is Camilla Meredith and I think she is just perfect for Grace. What a lucky little girl!!! Thank you so much!!!


Now the presents did not stop there either. Last month I won the prize for the cutest scrapbook pages in my Yahoo Scrapbook exchange group, The Ladybug Hunters. Below is the prize I received for winning last month. It is a great BH&G book called Creative Scrapbooking All Seasons. I will get some great inspiration for the months to come in the book! I also posted my pages but I really think it was the cute paper I used that help me win. How could anyone not fall in love with the little baby in the tub after all?

I also received three envelopes in the mail with quilt swaps that were fabulous too. So, you see...it was a great mail day!!!




12 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger Robin said...

WOW, you did have a GREAT mail day. Isn't it soo much fun getting things from your secret pal! I've got to get busy working on my October gift. I usually have it sent by now but I'm going to be a little behind this month.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

Fun, fun, fun! I love any mail that's not bills or junk mail.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger 4D said...

Great gifts! Love the originality of them.

Keep smilin!

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

So great!! I am loving this adoption community!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger C's Mom said...

Your mailbox is full of all kinds of fun! Isn't just so special to get a little somethin', somethin' in the mail as a surprise?

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

Wow!! It really was your lucky day!!

I'm on the hunt for the perfect CPK too!! I live in the boonies though so I need to hit a city soon to do some "retail therapy" shopping!

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger t~ said...

What a great mail day! Hope you enjoyed!!!

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Wow loads of gifts that's great, I ordered a moon cake mould just not sure it's going to get here in time. Never mind because I have a recipe for easy moon cakes too.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Shandra said...

Ok I have to spill the beans on something...I copied your bath time pages. I thought they were too cute for words. I bought the same paper and everything!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

That IS a great mail day! I love getting mail from secret pals! Anything but bills.....:-)

Have a great day, Elise!

Janet T.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said...

The moon cake mold is very cool. Aren't presents in the mail wonderful?

 
At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the cabbage patch and the mooncake mold. Very cool and thoughtful gifts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home