Monday, December 04, 2006

Holiday Home Showcase Blogger Challenge

After getting so many comments on wanting to see our tree I thought it would be fun to showcase our home all decked out in it's Christmas finery. I love holiday decorating!!! It always puts me in a good mood and I love to see how others decorate their homes for the holidays. One of my favorite Christmas activities was going to a holiday home show with my mother a couple of years ago. It was so fun to see all these homes decorated so beautifully. So....bloggers, I hope you all will showcase your holiday pretties for the rest of us to see. Enjoy my holiday blogger open house!!!

Here is our tree all decked out with lights and ornaments. We decorate this tree with all different sentimental ornaments. There are ornaments that Mike and I made as kids as well as special ones given to us during our childhood. My most favorite ormanments are the ones that the girls have made for us over the years. They just make me tear up looking at them.


I have an aweome snowman collection and I have run out of room to display them on one table so.....

I had to find another table to put them on. The best part of collecting snowmen though is that you don't have to put them away after Christmas....they keep the holiday cheer in the house well into February.

I really love collections, can you tell? This is my Santa collection:)

Even in the area around my kitchen sink is decorated. Makes working in the kitchen a little more fun!!!

Here is the tree we decorate in the living room with all the beautful German glass ornaments that Hailey and Kyla's grandma and grandpa have been giving to the girls the past few years. Each Christmas they get a new box each so every year we need to get a bigger tree.

Here is one of two Christmas villages we have set up. This one is Christmas in the City and comes complete with a little red beetle just like the one we have in our garage!

The rest of the decorations in the house don't compete at all with this display...it is the reason for the season afterall!

The dining room is all decorated in ready to be set for Christmas dinner. For now we are using it for our advent candle wreath.

Well blogger wouldn't let me post anymore photos so I will have to continue with more decorations tomorrow. Yes, I do have more decorations....I really do love decorating for the holdidays!!! Let me know if you took the Holiday Showcase Challenge, I can't wait to see all of your beautifully decorated homes.

9 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Your decorations are beautiful! It looks like so much fun! I love snowment too! They are my favourite!

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger Robin said...

WOW.. you really do go all out! I used to that when the kids were younger and "here". I just can't seem to get into it as much these days. I do have two of my 4 trees up this year but nothing compared to how I used to decorate. Once I get my camera charged, I'll try to post what little bit of my house is done.
Thanks for your Holiday Tour of your Home!

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

So festive!!! I love how you have gone all out for the holiday season! Joël limits me to very few ornaments on the tree as he hates clutter and I am only allowed to put up a few things around the house for that reason as well. He's not a humbug, just likes his space clear.

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger 4D said...

Your decorations are really beautiful. Makes me want to ge going on mine!

Keep smilin!

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger C's Mom said...

Wow - fantastic job!

Now I feel better about being a 'middle of the home re-do' scrooge. You have decorated beautifully enough for both of us!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger t~ said...

Gorgeous! You did a wonderful job decorating!

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

I love your holiday decor! Your tree is so beautiful!

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love all the decor - I really need to beef up my collections!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

WOW!!! How beautiful your home is and so festive! We have slowly weeded out some of our old holiday decorations and it doesn't leave much left except tree ornaments and a few other things! We don't even have our tree up yet (probably this weekend).

Thanks for sharing your fun pics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home