Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A "Merry Christmas Song"

I just downloaded the new Christmas CD from Third Day and it is awesome!!! I know it is a little early but I heard that there was a song on the CD written by one of the band members and the song expresses the feelings of celebrating another Christmas without their daughter who is waiting for them in an orphanage in China. I know I can relate and I am sure there are a lot of you out there who can too. It is the last song on the CD and it is called "Merry Christmas". It is such a perfect song for all of us waiting for our children this holiday season. It is beautiful, but be careful it will make you cry too!

You can listen to a sample of all the songs on the CD here, and then click on "Launch Christmas Minisite".

Here are the words too:
There’s a little girl trembling on a cold December morn, and crying for mama’s arms,
At an orphanage just outside of little Chinatown, where the forgotten are,
But half a world away I hand the stocking by the fire, and dream about the day I can finally call you mine,
Its Christmas time again but your not home, your family’s here and yet you are somewhere else alone,
So tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in his arms and tell you from my heart, I wish you Merry Christmas,

As I hang the tinsel on the tree and watch the twinkling lights, I’m warm by the fire’s glow,
Outside the children tumble in a wonderland of white, make angels in the snow,
Half a world away you try your best to fight the tears, and hope that heavens angels come to carry you here,
Its Christmas time again but your not home, your family’s here and yet you are somewhere else alone,
So tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in his arms and tell you from my heart, I wish you Merry Christmas,

Christmas is a time to celebrate the Holy Child, and we celebrate his perfect gift of love,
He came to us to give his life and prepare a place for us, so we could have a home with him above.

It’s Christmas time again and now your home, your family is here so you will never be alone,
So tonight before you go to sleep I’ll hold you in my arms, and tell you from my heart I wish you Merry Christmas
Are you crying yet????

10 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

I'm going to download that song!

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger C's Mom said...

SOLD! Love it and I'll be yacking about it evenutally on my blog too :0)

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Actually.. just to comment on Donna's question.. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that one of the band members is adopting or has adopted from China... GREAT CD!!

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Ruth and Brian said...

Haven't downloaded the song/album yet, but you had me in tears with the words alone. Thanks so much for sharing them with us!

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger t~ said...

I L.O.V.E. Third Day! I'll have to add this cd to my collection!

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I heard that song and started crying. Sigh. Makes me ache. I just can't bear to think about it too much. Especially when it comes to Christmas. I hate thinking of her over there, when we are over here. She belongs with us! :-) Thanks for the post, it's a beautiful song!

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

Isn't it sooo cool??!!

I just had the opportunity to share the lyrics with Dale last night and he cried too.

May God bless all our baby girls who could be spending their first christmas's alone in China.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Awesome!!! I have to have it. :)

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Shandra said...

I have to go get this CD. How touching. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom just sent me this CD. I've listened to that song about a thousand times!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home