Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Major THANKS!!!!


Wow....I just did a final count of my quilt swaps and wishes for Gracie's 100 good wishes quilt and I'm up to 260!!! That is a whole lot of quilting projects coming up but I am so grateful for everyone who has sent a wish and square!!! My plan is to make one traditional 100 good wishes quilt and then make a couple of themed baby quilts for her. I was in a couple of cool swaps this past summer so...... I have a lot of ladybug squares and I think I want to make a little ladybug quilt. Then I was thinking of making her an Asian only quilt with the many beautiful Asian squares that she received....if my sewing machine has not gone on strike then I might make her a pink only quilt, since I have a lot of pretty pink fabrics also. I have already started placing her wishes into scrapbook pages and I can't wait until she can wrap herself in these quilts and browse at the scrapbooks to see who sent her the wonderful wishes and how much she was loved and wanted even before we knew who she was. I know it is a lot of work but I can't wait to get started and it helps to pass the months away. The many looooooooong months!!!!
A big old stack of quilt squares!!!
Wishes Galore!!!

I am going to update my quilt blog too soon, I am way behind on that!!!!

Thanks again to my friends, family, bloggy friends, firefly friends, and swapping pals at OHGWQ yahoo group!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Ruth and Brian said...

Dear Elise:
WOW! 260 squares! That's fantastic. I too am a fellow quilter and have stacks of quilt squares myself to sew a Bai Jai Bei too. After reading your blog, I realized that we have a few things in common. Our agency is CCAI too, we also used Dru Groves as our social worker and when you commented about flooding and rains, I knew we must be from a similar area. You also posted about a Jeremy Camp/Hawk Nelson concert (love them) a week or so ago and I again knew we must be close. DH and I were LID 1/27/06 for our daughter ~ we have 3 bio boys and live in Duvall. Would love to connect... Ruth W.
ruth@thinkfluidly.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home