Monday, September 08, 2008

More pictures from the shower....

The shower was so special. I truly felt the love of Ruth's friends and family and how excited everyone is meet Abigail. Every detail of the shower was so thought out and meaningful, from the cherry blossom cake that was hand made by a friend, to the Chinese themed meal and the Chinese take out boxes filled with beautifully decorated fortune cookies. The hostess' did an amazing job explaining all the little traditions around Chinese adoptions from ladybugs, 100 good wishes quilt to the red thread legend. Tears were shed when Debbie, one of the hostess', read "Shoey and Dot", the sweet story about Chinese adoption seen through the eyes of an adorable ladybug. The most amazing time had to be when we all gathered around Ruth and prayed for her and her family and baby Abigail. I was just touched by the faith and love I felt.









Now they prepare to take off for China on Thursday....you can read about their amazing journey on their travel blog here. http://6000milestoabigail.blogspot.com/

After we got back from the shower we needed to quickly get the boxes of peaches and pears we had brought back with us from Eastern Washington last weekend. It was our first time canning but even though the fruit was a little too ripe, I think we did a pretty good job. At least all the lids sealed for us, so once we open up our first jar we will really know if it was a success.



This canning experience was pretty fun and not too hard....I think we will be doing this again! I just I wished I lived on my own farm so I could grow my food and can it too! Of course then I wouldn't have time to blog;)

7 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger Truly Blessed said...

Elise,
Thanks so much for posting all of those shower pictures. It makes me feel like I was there.

About the canning -- you go girls! How fantastic that you did this (I really want to learn to can). You will be enjoying that bounty for years to come!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Ruth and Brian said...

Elise,
Words cannot express my deepest gratitude for your work at recording such a momentous occasion.

And the picture of me preggo is hilarious! I saved the dress for you by the way. You just might have to come up with your own...well boobs! (and no those weren't mine) hehehe

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Christie said...

OMG! I love the canning pics - how fun is that?!? You have to tell us how they turn out - love it!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE peaches!!!!!

And the shower looked amazing!

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Shoey and Dot brings tears to my eyes too...
Wow looks like you guys have been busy!
I've never canned peaches before.
Great idea!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

How exciting for Ruth and Brian, what a great preggy picture...hilarious!

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shower sounds amazing! So well thought out and the cake looks lovely! I also really enjoy home canned fruit, but have not tackled it in years!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home