Friday, August 01, 2008

2 Whole Years.....



Today we celebrate (or cry) that we have now been waiting 2 years for our referral for our little Gracie. Some days it feels like time has just flown by and then other days not so much. We are resolved to wait as long as it takes because God placed this special plan on our hearts and we know it will all be perfectly worked out in the end. I have learned a lot about being patient and dissappointed but honestly I think that has been good for me, even if it is hard at times.


I am excited to have my first baby home with us today after a fun and exhausting week at cheer camp. They did so well with leadership awards, blue ribbons and the spirit stick awarded to them througout the week. Here is a picture the cheer coach sent us this morning with their spirit stick!
Also, has anyone heard about Blurb....I saw this on someone else's blog and am so excited to try out their blog to book software. I feel so guilty at times for rarely scrapbooking anymore but I have all the major events on my blog. Now....with this program I can actually have the blog tranfered to hard book form. It is very reasonably priced too! Sooo cool. Now I have more excuses to blog stuff.....sorry honey;)

Hope you all have a great weekend....last month of summer!!!

9 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Blogger Ruth and Brian said...

I know this is very bittersweet - but I just wanted to wish you a happy 2 year anniversary! I so wish I could be wishing you a happy 2 years with Gracie or even 2 months/weeks/days for that matter. But, each day/week/month/year celebrated is one step closer to what we've waited so extremely long for.

I would absolutely love to celebrate with you (whatever that looks like) once we receive news (hopefully good news at that huh?). On pins and needles I guess you could say.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Steffie B. said...

Happy 24, I think....it will all fall into place...hang in there!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Happy !(?) Two!!!! YOu are doing great. I love your positive attitude!

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Deb said...

That's 2 left in the dust! We're getting there.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Gracie said...

Congrats!!! Keep up the positive additude

 
At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to those in this LONG wait...

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Ashton said...

I know how hard the wait must be- We waited 23 months for our referral- Happy 24 months you will look back and not think a second thought about this wait once you are holding your sweet Gracie-

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Not sure whether to say happy two years or not..anyway it's 2 years done and less ahead before you get your little one!

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Ruth and Brian said...

Is it only Saturday....tap, tap, tap goes the foot. Never have I wanted a weekend to go by so quickly as now.

Hoping Monday will bring touchdown and we'll get a call on Tuesday! We leave for Camano tomorrow for a week but have already factored in a trip or two back to Duvall for pkgs, etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home