Friday, July 11, 2008

House full of artists.....

Just wanted to share my sweet Hailey's newest passion.....painting! It thrills me to no end that she has become so passionate about art. Kyla has also been having fun drawing and painting this summer and the house feels like a little art studio. As well, I have been taking an art class this summer so my paint brushes have been busy also. I love sharing this with the girls and seeing them learn, experiment and grow in their skills and creativity.

Here is a little sampling of what has been produced at the Liptack studio......

Hailey's art....

This was her first canvas that she painted. She made it after going through some stuff with friends and boy.....It really blew me away and I have it displayed in the family room.





She made this one as a gift for her friend Maddy. I just love it!!!!
A page out of her sketchbook....
Kyla's painting....

Finally, this past week I did a painting for class....the assignment was to do self rendered piece which had to do with our life. It had to have a part of ourselves in the painting as well as symbolism that relates to something important or meaningful in our lives.

I call this one "All Tied Up"

11 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Wow. You people are talented. Love the art! Especially that last piece....:-)

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sooo cool! Really!

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Ruth and Brian said...

I am so not surprised that your girls have been bit by the 'talent' bug. Afterall their mother is an amazing artist first.

What incredible and completely individual artists they are. I also love your piece - no surprise that 'china' was drawn whether intentional or not. Very cool.

BTW, I think I may have seen your oldest last night at Red Robin (at least I thought I recognized her with some friends.) The hubby and I were on a date with oldest gone and the others with friends for the night.

Happy Weekend.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Wow what gorgeous paintings! I love the last one especially. And if you would like, I would love to send you an invitation to my blog. Just email me at hollyc@ec.rr.com

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Donna said...

those are all SO good! Obviously, your talent (LOVE the all tied up painting!) has passed right down to your girls. Tell them I said "bravo"!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger k1 said...

The All Tied Up image should be made into t-shirts and/or drink mugs and sold to finance your adoption. I think there are a LOT of waiting parents out there that could relate to it and want one!!! Make a version with different hair/skin colors to cover all your prospective customers.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Mommy Spice said...

Wow!! You gals are having some serious fun! I love all the art. My stepmom is an artist and has a studio built next to her garage. She has taken Spicy Girl out there a few times to express herself in art.

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said...

Love the art!
Just catching up on your blog and wanted to say congratulations on graduating! So proud of you. Very inspirational.

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger jeanette said...

all 3 of you are SO talented!!

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Gen said...

Beautiful!

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger t~ said...

You seem to always inspire me. Love them all. Such talent in your family.

p.s. I think of you all the time as I debate about going back to school.....we shall see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home