Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Almost done......

My Senior Seminar Class on our last day of class


Last night I finished with my Spring finals.....and yesterday morning I turned in my senior thesis paper...phew! The paper I finished after three months of research, drafts and edits was on eating disorders and how the media's influence contributes to the problem. I researched prevention programs and highlighted a program on media literacy for teens called GO GIRLS! and discussed the positive and negative elements based on prevention research. I was so excited to do a project that was actually applicable to my life. In my ministry, I teach girls and moms about how the advertising industry changes how they feel about themselves and their bodies. I have struggled my whole life with body image problems and so this issue was close to my heart.


This coming Sunday I get walk through commencement at the University of Washington Seattle campus, where I started my college degree almost 23 years ago. I have a couple of classes to finish up this summer.....but I am almost done!!!!!!




6 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great post and way to go with almost being done!

Sounds like that was a great class

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Congratulations on BEING ALMOST DONE! You must feel greeeeat!

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger redthread said...

I remember being right where you are! The wait has gotten so long. We brought home our daughter in Oct. 2004. The process only took 9 months start to finish. When you hold your baby for the first time...the wait will be worth it!

http://ourredthreadlife.blogspot.com/

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Ruth and Brian said...

Way to go Elise! I'm thinking a little celebrating is in order?!?

How about we wait to see what happens first of July (hint, hint) and we can do a double celebration coffee date!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Special K said...

Congratulations! That's quite an accomplishment.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger t~ said...

Congratulations to all your hard work! You're an inspiration to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home