Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sunny here but tears are raining in China....



Each day the death toll grows and it breaks my heart for those who are suffering right now. I am currently finishing a book called Wild Swans and I am reading about this part of China right now. The people of China have been through so much suffering through the years of Mao and the Cultural Revolution, and now this. They need our help and it so saddens me that many of the babies and children in the orphanages are needing just basic supplies like diapers, formula and clean water. The Rumor Queen has current reports on individual orphanages in the Sichuan province and listed places to help those little children on her website. Our agency, CCAI, is also getting involved in the effort to help the orphanages specifically. They sent us an email today and have set up a relief fund that we will be donating to. If you feel called to help you can donate here.

I wish I could jump on a plane to China right now......praying for all the people of China.


Remember this from a couple weeks ago....




And now this......


Bring on summer!!!!

2 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Im ready for summer as well

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger Steffie B. said...

I am sooo ready for summer....it is taking forever to get here in MI!

have a fabulous holiday weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home