Sunday, April 13, 2008

Go Hailey Go!!!!


***warning...proud mom moment....some mommy boasting ahead:)***



This past week (in the middle of Hailey being sick from her trip to Nicaragua) she tried out for her school's cheerleading team. I was just so proud of her efforts since the tryout was on Wednesday and that was her worst day of stomach cramping. You wouldn't have known that from her tryout.

She did an amazing job considering what she had been going through with her illness, having a whole week without practice while in Nicaragua and having to tryout alone in front of about 25 judges and around 80 parents in a huge high school gym. It was scary just to watch....I don't think I could have ever done that! I kept telling her how proud I was of what she accomplished regardless of the outcome and I knew it was going to be a close one because there were a lot of talented girls trying out. Plus there were 18 positions but 9 girls were returning from last year.

Well on Friday evening we found out she made the squad....Yeah!!!!!!!!!




She was so excited that several of her friends made the squad too!!!

Five of the girls are in Hailey's youth group at church. They are such a nice group of girls so I know Hailey is going to have a great year!


Britnee and Hailey

Jodi and Carly

Erin and Kendra



Alecia and Hailey taking their cheer boxes and goodies after the celebration dinner tonight.


Jenny the coach


Celebration cake

She has been dreaming of becoming a high school cheerleader since elementary school when the cheerleaders would come to her school and teach the younger kids dances and cheers to perform during the high school basketball team's half time....it was called "spirit night".

Hailey in January 2002 (look how little she was)

I always thought it was such a nice way to get the younger kids involved and to have role models from the high school. It made the kids in our community feel like they were a part of something bigger and exciting. Now, she gets to teach the kids around our town at the different elementary schools the same thing and be a role model for those girls to look up to! I was looking back on scrapbooks of the pages I made of the "spirit night" outings we made with the girls a few years ago and it was fun to see my little girl come full circle.



Hailey getting her t-shirt signed by the high school cheerleaders after the game....



2002


2001


It has been and exciting but emotional weekend for me since I am realizing my "baby" is turning into young lady and doing the same fun things that I did back in high school! I am just thrilled for her and all the fun this is going to be as well as all the wonderful memories she will have of high school!

7 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Congratulations on being picked... take care

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Gimmy a H
Gimmy an A
Gimmy an I
Gimmy a L
Gimmy an E
Gimmy a Y

You go girl!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

congrats!!! I hope you have fun!!

Love your cuz Abby,

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Ruth and Brian said...

Okay so Debz took my idea so I guess this will have to do ~

'twist 'em like a pretzel
show 'em how to wrestle
WE WANT A PIN!!!

Well, sadly since Dalton's a wrestler that is one of the few cheers I know.

Anyways CONGRATS Hailey - Way to go!!!

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Congrats Hailey!

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Mommy Spice said...

Wow!! Way to go!!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger jeanette said...

congratulations Hailey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home