Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Break Baby!!!!




I just completed my finals on Tuesday evening for winter quarter and I have been catching up on some much needed rest! I had a crazy month! Some how I planned on having the concluding ceremony for a class I have been holding for the past 2 months for my mother/daughter ministry right smack in the middle of finals week. Not the best planning on my part but I made it through with out having a mental breakdown.

The ceremony was held this past Saturday for nine girls who have been attending "The Princess and the Kiss" class at our church with their mom's and it was just an amazing day. God truly gave me the energy I needed to make the day special for these beautiful "princesses" and I was so blessed to get to know them and their moms these past couple of months.

Here are some pictures of the ceremony but I needed to blur the faces of the girls since I didn't get permission to post their pictures on my blog but the program is amazing and I wanted to post about it because the study is so great about planting seeds of purity in the hearts of young girls, while helping them to realize that even though the world is not necessarily a "fairytale" they ARE PRINCESSES of the MOST HIGH KING! You can find more information about the book and study at the author's website by clicking here.


I went through the program with Hailey and Kyla about 3 years ago and it was such a great way of connecting with them on such an important subject. I just can't believe how much they have grown up in three years but they will always be my little "princesses":) Here are some pics of their experience with the program.....


Now....I need to go clean my distaster of a house! Things around the homestead have been little messy lately and I can't stand it!
Also, Hailey and Kyla leave for a mission trip a week from Friday. They are going to Nicaragua over their spring break and I need to get stuff ready for that trip too!
Still lots to do but I hope I can catch up with my blogging and do a few fun things in the next week before it is back to the books for spring quarter. I'm almost done though! Yeah!!! 5 classes left and then I finally graduate!!!! It has only taken me 23 years to complete but hey...who's counting! (Of course there was a big break in the middle to raise my kiddos)
Happy Spring everyone!!!!











4 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger Ruth and Brian said...

Congrats on spring break!!! Best wishes to the girls and their trip to Nicaragua. What a beautiful ceremony you guys had. Sounds like so much fun.

P.s. you can come visit puppies anytime if you want to. They should be with us for the next few weeks. By the way, if you know of anyone interested, I have a PDF flyer I can send you.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Man you are busy, busy, busy!! How do you do it?

Love those ceremony pictures. We have something similar and it's always a blessing. Good Luck and safe travels to the girls on their missions trip to Nicaragua!

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I LOVE that book, it is so special! And that program sounds AMAZING! I wish we had something like that at our church!!!!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger k1 said...

I hope the girls have a wonderful, heartbreaking time in Nicaragua. Missions are such awesome experiences!

Congrats on being so close to your degree!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home