Tuesday, April 29, 2008

ThE cRaZy WeEkEnD



This past weekend was our church's annual "Women's Tea" and this year I didn't decorate and I didn't host a table but I was able to enjoy the day as a guest with my two daughters and my good friends and their daughters. It was such a refreshing day among my busy life right now! I even won a gift basket that was themed in the same colors, birds and bird houses that I decorated the tea from last year. A coinkie dink? I think not;) What a blessing!


This is the beautiful box with some of the decorations I used for the tea last year....cool, huh?

Then on Sunday night (rather Monday morning) it was the annual cheerleading kidnapping. The senior cheerleaders do this each year with the new girls for next year's squad. I knew about it...Hailey had some idea about it....but she was sound asleep when they came charging into her room at 12:15am...yes....AM. Thank goodness I was up doing homework but the rest of the family was awakened by screaming, clappers and silly string. They whisked her away in the night to have an all nighter playing games, eating junk, and bonding. We were a little unsure about the whole thing until I found out they were staying with a family who we used to teach Sunday school with at our old church. I knew there wouldn't be any shenanigans going on and they would all be safe. She had a great time but she was soooooooo tired when she got home from school yesterday and a little grumpy, I am sure it will take a few days to catch up with her sleep. I took some pictures as they entered her bedroom. Last weekend, Kyla moved her bed into Hailey's room so they could try out sharing a room together (probably won't last too long) and Kyla got to experience the screaming cheerleader alarm clock also.

The girls took a picture with Kyla while Hailey packed up her things....the least they could do for waking her up;)

In one of the cars off to celebrate........

1 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger D said...

That's fun! What a cool tradition for the cheerleaders...

Oh...and by the way...we have those same two white, iron birds sitting on Ella's dresser...there are a few birds in her nursery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home