Wednesday, August 27, 2008

BBQ with Adoption Friends....

Monday evening we had the pleasure of hosting a BBQ with Abigail's Family and with K1 to celebrate Abby's referral and upcoming trip to China. It was fun to hear all the details that go on once the referral actually happens. It is like wait, wait, wait.....then a mad dash to the finish. Hearing all the preperations has gotten me excited again about the adoption. I've had to put much of the adoption stuff on the back burner because it was getting too painful to be to involved. Having the chance to experience the process with new friends has been so wonderful and gives me hope.
We all had a great time and the night went by way too fast. Not to worry though, I get to attend the baby shower in couple weeks and then I will be at the airport when they arrive! Thanks Ruth, Brian, boys, and K1 for such a great evening....and for fitting it into your crazy schedule right now.

My girls and Abby's brothers got along great too....what a treat!:)

4 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Ahhh! Sounds like a satisfying fix!

Nice looking crew of youth there!

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Being with friends is beautiful

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Truly Blessed said...

What awesome pictures! I wish we'd have been closer so we could have crashed your party -- my kids would have looked great with your girls and Ruth's boys!

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Ruth and Brian said...

What a great looking bunch I must say! :-) Also nice photoshop job! We had so much fun and look forward to many more 'family' get together's now and especially when Grace arrives as Abigail will most definitely need a little playmate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home