Sunday, July 01, 2007

Oh Canada.......

Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian friends and also our two little Canadian girls in the Liptack household. Many of you already know this, but Hailey and Kyla were both born in Vancouver, B.C. while we were living there in the 90's while Mike worked on his Ph.D at Simon Fraser University. In honor of their dual citizenship we hung the Canadian flag in front of our house today proudly!!!!

The show went really well yesterday...the second performance went much better then the first for me but it was still a sucess. Hailey and Kyla did so awesome, we were so proud of them!!! We got some great video from a friend but I have to get a copy from her and check it to see how I really did...maybe I don't want to see it...ignorance is bliss?











One of the best parts of being in a show like this is all the makeup!!!! I'm a girly girl so this was just a great excuse for lots of glitter, fake lashes, very rosy cheeks and bright liptsick!!!!




Hailey and her friend, Britney, did an amazing performance with their hip hop routine. They were both totally giving the attitude on stage...and Hailey is fairly shy, so it was so fun to watch.


Kyla was in a jazz class and they did a great routine to "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" .


I can't believe all that practice and then it was all over in about 3 minutes...oh well, there is always next year;).............

6 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Happy Canada Day to you too! And to your Canadians! (from Bamfield! Wink wink!)

And you look great in your dance costume! I KNEW you would do a good job! Congrats!

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Praise and Coffee said...

How fun! Looks like you all had a great time.
Happy Canada Day from your neighbor to the south in Michigan!

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

We just had our recital......so with a houseful of dancers....I can feel your pain! :) After the work they put into it....it is fun to see it all come together, isn't it?

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Christie said...

Oh Elise!!!!! Congrats on a sucessful show - I'm so happy for you. I know all about the stage-frights!

Wish I could have been there to cheer for you!

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Jill and Jaap said...

you know...I could tell they were Canadian!!! lol!

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger k1 said...

I'm sure you did a great job in the recital. You have a whole lot more courage than I do to get up in front of a bunch of people like that! I'm impressed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home