Thursday, June 21, 2007

Summer is here!!!!


I am finally feeling better!!!! Yeah....what a way to kick of summer.....being sick! Thank you to everyone who wished me well! I am well just in time too, Hailey will be home in an hour (today is her last day of class) and then we are off to buy supplies for her party (remember the 14th birthday that lasts for a month:).

Kyla finished up her school work earlier in the week. I can't believe our year of home schooling has come to an end. It actually went pretty well and now I think she will be all set for the crazy middle school scene. I swear that is just the hardest time of life. I would never want to go back to junior high.

OK...a little mom brag time;)

Kyla's drama class had a performance on Tuesday and she was really nervous but did excellent in all her parts. She was in 4 different short plays and I was so proud of her! I was able to make it even though I was sick and hopefully all my hacking didn't disturb the play to much;)







Kyla also took a photography class this year and last night I was looking over all her work. Wow, I think she has a future in that! She loves it too.




Hailey ended her year very successfully too...all A's again even with advance math and honor's block. She didn't get all those smarts from me (dad's genes). I need some advice though....she is starting high school (where grades really count) and she is going to be in an advanced science class, advanced math class and honor's English. I am worried that she is taking on too much. She is also very social and wants to hang with friends and do other activities outside of school work. Most of her friends are not taking on all the advanced classes so they are not overloaded. She knows I am concerned but she still wants the challenge...should we just see how it goes? I just don't want her to become discouraged if she can't keep up with everything. I know she is in high school now and I need to let her make her own decisions and mistakes but it so hard.



Next weekend is the big recital....I am getting so nervous!!! We got our costumes last week and they look very elegant and thank goodness not too revealing. I can't wait to see the girls routines too. They are in different classes this time. Kyla is in jazz and Hailey is in hip-hop and I have not seen either of their performances yet. We have studio rehearsal this Saturday and I can't wait to see them since I won't be in the audience at the actual performance.
Have a great rest of the week all!!!!
****One more thing...I just downloaded the new Mandy Moore Album "Wild Hope" great listening for lazy summer afternoons sippin' on lemonade...here is her video of the first single,
ENJOY****



10 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger Elise said...

I am glad that you are better...and you CAN'T be nervous!!! You have that dance totally DOWN!! You'll be great!!!

~Kyla

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Let the summer fun begin! Great photos Kyla.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger 4D said...

Glad that you are feeling better. Congrats to your awesome girls.

Enjoy summer!

Keep smilin!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Make sure to post pictures of the recital too! Looks like things are going really well. Good job with your beautiful daughters! Of course you have to brag....it's a mom thing....

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Steffie B. said...

You should be one proud Mommy! Way to go girls!

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger redmaryjanes said...

You guys have been really busy! Enjoy some summer relaxation!

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

Whew! You are all so busy!

I am glad that you are feeling better. Congratulations to the girls. It sounds like they have finished their years strong!

LOVE the pictures Kyla took. She really has a good eye! They are fantastic.

As for Hailey and all of the AP classes - I would see how it goes, but I would also speak with her counselor early in the year about your concerns. This will lay the ground work just in case she finds out that it is all too much and she wants to move classes. The counselors will, hopefully, keep an eye on her and if things look too difficult will be able to guide her in the right direction. This way it won't seem as though when things get tough she just wants out. I hope that made some sense.

You are going to be FANTASTIC at your recital. I hope you will have lots of pictures.

 
At 4:18 AM, Blogger Jill and Jaap said...

I like that song!

Congratulations on your awesome girls achievments!

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger PandaMom said...

Whew! Now it seems like you need some down time! ; )

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Kim :) said...

Yes!! Let her take the hard classes!! It is better for her to make a "B" in an advanced class than an "A" in a general class... she will be successful, and more prepared for college... email me if you need info! HUGS!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home