Friday, June 15, 2007

Last Night God spoke to me loud and clear....


I am writing this with very little sleep so I hope it is not to rambling and it makes sense...just needed to get it down.

I have been having trouble sleeping this past week...I keep thinking it is because I am nervous about my tap recital coming up in a couple of weeks (remember my little secret)
I find myself at 3am downstairs in the dark going through my moves (without the tapping so I don't wake up the whole house) and again last night after listening to my Zune (an I-Pod device for people who's husbands work at Microsoft) trying to relax and find that comfortable sleep zone with no avail, I came downstairs and thought I would run through the dance a couple more times so I can go to sleep confident that I really do know what I am doing. I went through it a few times but something was drawing to my laptop sitting there alone on the couch. Now, I had just finished up checking on the latest posts before heading to bed hours earlier and since I live on the west coast I don't know why I thought anyone would be posting in the middle of the night....but something was calling me. I ended up on a blog I just discovered recently, Jewels of my Heart, it didn't have a new post but I thought I would look at previous posts and that is when I noticed the sidebar and there was a special video of their journey to China to bring their beautiful Hannah home last year. I love watching these videos and looking forward to the day one I get to do the same for our Grace so clicked right on it. Watching the video, I saw the similar scenes of sight seeing, the day they received their special girl, red couch photos, coming home and etc....but it was the end of the video that caught me of guard. There was message there for me (and all waiting mommies).....I found myself flooded with tears. You see.....I couldn't sleep because deep in my heart I have been feeling despair....I am denial of course, but this waiting and not knowing has really started to get to me....I even had thoughts of maybe this isn't what we should be doing. I hate to admit it but I am letting myself doubt what God has already placed on my heart. Why do I do this? Oh right......because I am a human. God is soooooo awesome though! Even when I am so unaware of my own needs He speaks to me. He knew I needed to hear Him and be reminded that His timing is so pure and perfect. I know I will doubt again but I also know my precious Father will show up when I need to reminded that He is always there.


I already emailed Hannah's mommy and thanked her for her special gift that she gave me last night and she sent me the most sweet email back with amazing encouragement. This adoption community has been such an awesome surprise during this process....I can't imagine going through this journey without these wonderful cyber-friends! Thanks to all of you!!!!

I leave with this......how God spoke to me last night through, Deleea (Nicholas and Hannah's mommy),

"For the mother's who are waiting to hold their babies in their arms...this is the Lord's promise to you...

Don't be afraid for I will bring your daughter's from the east and gather you from the west Isaiah 43:5

He is FAITHFUL....God's Speed..."

18 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Blogger Jewels of My Heart said...

Elise, you broght tears to my eyes. What a beautiful, heartfelt post. Thank you for the sweet things you said about us. I am so glad we found you too and will be cheering you on and praying for your family as you wait to hold your precious daughter Grace in your arms.
Stay the coarse...
God's Speed
Daleea

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

That is soooo beautiful!!!

Thank you for sharing!!

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger jeanette said...

Thanks for sharing Elise. God is faithful -He WILL fulfill His promise to you, to all of us..just in His timing. We just all hope it will be sooner rather than later! :)

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger cougchick said...

Wow. Elise that is very powerful. Thanks for sharing that special moment. Hang in there baby!

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger D said...

It's a message we all need to hear...because it seems like it will never get here! Thanks for this post...

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Hi Elise,

Praying for a new portion of God's peace to carry you through until your new little one is placed in your arms. This wait has been a tough one. But, like you already know and so many others have told you - it will all be worth it in the end. And like labor pains - all of this hard waiting will melt away!

Hang in there.

Blessings,
Lisa

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

I had that same experience with the wait and feeling prompted to view the Jewels of the Heart video. How truly sweet and how loving of Daleena to remember the waiting mommas and remind us of God's promise.

I have been having doubts about the adoption these past few days. Just reading your post confirms that I am on the right path and with patience I will be holding the gal that He has selected for me.

Thank you again....
Hang in there

Hugs
Lisa

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a post. As a new LIDer, I am reading many many posts with the same emotion as yours and I can understand where its coming from. I cant imagine God allowing hundreds of families to make "a wrong choice".... We must be patient..We must be hopeful and focus on our goal..

YOu are a beautiful person

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Shandra said...

What a sweet ending. Thanks for sharing. We keep that verse on our frodge.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Pixel Fairy Princess said...

That is so beautiful! I am moved to tears!

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger k1 said...

Elise,

First, Thank you for stopping by my site. You can always come by and visit your "old" family and friends at WA Cathedral...anytime!
As Pastor Tim says, once you've been a part of the family, he is "your friend for the rest of his life".

I'm so glad you didn't choose to not listen to God's urging last night even though on the surface it seemed like a strange thing to do. He gave you a wonderful gift, and now you've been able to bless others with it.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger C's Mom said...

Daleea is a wonderful person. I glad she helped you find hope renewed.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

I am truly astounded when people are brought into our lives when we need them most. I am thankful every day for the woman I have met through these blogs that help me through this journey.

I am happy that you found that bit of peace.

Ps. You are going to do GREAT at your recital.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger redmaryjanes said...

Daleea is a very special person and I know the video you are talking about. It had me in complete tears. There is no doubt that God uses others to bring us comfort and reassurance. We all are going to have moments of doubt and sometimes despair. We just have to remember to reach out to each other. There is so much faith and love in our group here.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Steffie B. said...

So glad you found her blog! She is indeed an amazing woman! I love her! I cried when i watched her video as well. It was beautiful.

Thanks for the b-day wishes!

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger t~ said...

Thanks for sharing your heart, it was so beautiful...

z

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Elise, what a wonderful post! I appreciate you telling us! We're all with you!

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger Hebnix said...

Thanks for sharing, that is a beautiful video. We are all in this together!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home