Monday, May 07, 2007

My Busy Life.....


So what have I been up to lately? LOTS! Sometimes too much but like I said in the last post it is helping to pass the time! We hit the 9 month LID mark and I missed it!

Kyla has been busy with softball games, dance, youth group activities and Girl Scouts. This weekend I am helping out with a fundraising event for her troop. The girls are having a mother-daughter event called "80's Ladies"....of course that was right up my alley and I had to be involved. I will post "totally" fun pictures of the event later!


Here she is doing her favorite "tween" activity....of course it is her sister's favorite "teen" activity too!

Hailey has been a little busy teenager too. She went out for track this spring but then injured her knee and had to drop out. That hasn't slowed her down any though...she is still dancing and her and her friends will be performing at the high school lip sync contest this weekend. We also got her all signed up for her high school classes for next year.....YIKES....I said "High School"! I don't think I am ready for that yet but somehow they don't stop growing up. We ordered her Bearcats Class of 2011 sweatshirt and she is ready for her middle school years to come to end next month.



She also decided to get a new haircut....we think she looks way too old now!




Now I have been one busy beaver too!!! Trying to keep up with my kids schedules and finishing up with Kyla's home school work for the year. She will be going back to middle school in the fall and she is excited to be back with all her friends. Her friend Abby, who was at home for school this year too, will be going back with her so that will be great....and they both will ride the same bus too! It has been a great year for us but she is ready to go back to public school. I am taking a youth theater class at night as part of my curriculum and Kyla and I are both going to adapt a book and make it into a play for the kids in our neighborhood. We are going to do a simple story about adoption and bi-racial families to introduce the kids to the idea. I get credit for it for my class and Kyla gets a creative project to do and we get to educate the kids around us. Can't wait to tell you more about that.


I also just took on a new leadership position at our church. I am taking the place of our head of Mother-Daughter Ministries (Just Between Us) from my good friend, Amy, who will be leaving our church this fall to be a part of new church plant. I was very reluctant to say yes when I was asked because of my busy life and the unknowns of the adoption time line but for some reason God really wanted me to step forward in faith because whenever I would think "no" he kept placing things in front of me that said "yes". I wasn't going to argue with God (even though I wanted too). I am still very nervous about it but I know God will provide where I am weak:).


A bunch of moms and daughters will be heading to our mother church this weekend to attend the "Between" conference. It is put on by http://www.virtuousreality.com/ run by a wonderful lady, Vicki Courtney, who has great books and resources for raising our kids. Last year we went to a similar event called Yada Yada and it was awesome!


Vicky Courtney she has a great blog too....http://virtuealert.blogspot.com/

Not that I wasn't busy enough but then I somehow got myself volunteered for decorating for our church's annual Women's Tea. The past two years I have hosted a table but this year I am hosting two tables and decorating the whole event. What was I thinking????? Ok... I love to be creative but I also love to sleep.


Pictures from last year's event....





My sweet husband and parents have been helping me with the building of my decorations though. Mike worked hard this past weekend building a garden arbor (huge) that will be at the front entrance of our church. Now our church meets in an industrial building so I thought an arbor might pretty it up a bit. My poor husband! But he is doing great job! Here is what it looks like so far....
This is a little books of ideas I made for inspiration. The theme is "Singing a New Song" inspired from Psalm 40...


I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and game me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.

I also worked the weekend painting birdhouses and getting things planned out....I have less then two weeks to pace my self in the middle of all this other stuff that is going on....hopefully I will make it through without a nervous breakdown:)



I also have a secret.....here is a clue.....




Have you guessed yet???? Ok...I am taking tap dancing class. I guess when I saw my girls in their performance in december and saw a lot of other mom's my age up on stage dancing their hearts out I got a little jealous. I used to love to dance and now the only time I do my daughter's beg me to stop for fear of extreme embarrassment. So now... I am getting the ultimate revenge... I will be dancing with them in the summer recital....hee hee hee. Of course they don't have to admit they are related to me. Seriously though, tap dancing is hard work and great exercise! A ton of fun but man I hope I get all that foot work down before I have perform. Thank goodness our costumes are all black flowing pants and arms so the little jigglies won't be that noticeable:) We are dancing to one of my favorite singers right now, Michael Buble. It is his rendition of James Tayor's, "How Sweet It Is"...fun, fun, fun!


I also want to thank my sweet secret pal for some wonderful gifts this past month!!! They were just what the doctor ordered in my hectic life. What a fun little treat to come to!


Finally, I wanted to post this cute picture that Mike sent me this morning that he received from his brother in New Jersey of our cute nephew, Aidan. He is surely a Liptack boy! Too funny!!!



25 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Good grief woman! You ARE busy!! Be sure to take some time out to relax this summer! :) Your girls are so cute. That pic of you nephew is adorable!

My sis-in-law invited my Mom & I to a mother-daughter tea at her church. We left our big church that has those types of functions. I love, love, love our new smaller church. But, it will be fun to visit my sis's church tea with her.

Have fun tap dancing!!

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger redmaryjanes said...

Your children are beautiful! It does like your life is pretty busy crazy right now. Hang in there. You seem to have it all under control!

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Holy cow - you are one busy, busy lady. Isn't it bittersweet to sign up your first one for high school. Before you know it, it'll be time for proms and graduation. ahhh.. memories!
Our church has a big mother-daughter banquet this time of of year too. I don't get to go this year though as Sarah has class that evening. :-(

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Happy 9th LID-aversary!

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Pug Mama said...

Wow you have been busy. RELAX!!!!
Happy 9 months!

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger 4D said...

Happy 9 Month!

I have no idea what else to say other then, have fun, take it all in and try to find time for relaxing. Yowza!

Keep smilin!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

Whew! I'm worn out just reading all about you. You are an inspiration. I don't know how you find enough time in a day.

I am sure your tea will be beautiful. You are so creative. Hence one of the reasons you will be the perfect one to chair the Mother/Daughter group. Congratulations.

Congratulations on 9 month. I am sure your months are going quickly since you are so busy.

Get some rest, too.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger D said...

Okay...first: happy LIDversary! 9 less months to wait! Ours is just around the corner!

Next: your girls are so pretty...and I've seen them grow up even since I started following your blog last August!

Congratulatios on the new position at church! As a church staff member, we're always grateful for creative, committed people who step up to the plate...so I'm sure your church is very grateful for you...or they should be!

Yeah to your husband...I could never make anything like that!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Steffie B. said...

Yes....you have been busy! Good grief....and here I am tired! lol

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Donna said...

All I can say is "Good Cow!" you're busy. I've read Courtney's book, but as Abbey (she's 11) gets older, I find I'm looking for even more "tween" resources. Care to share your favs? Congrats on the dancing, that's so cool that you're doing that. I'd love to find a "Moms who used to be cheerleaders" group and make up fun routines again!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Jill and Jaap said...

Busy, busy , busy!!!

Happy 9 months!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Elise,

Slow down...my head is spinning for all your activities! You are one BUSY lady! At least keeping busy doesn't give you much time to obsess about the wait....or does it?

Donna :)

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger cougchick said...

How in the world did you have time to write this post? That is an insane schedule. Does somebody have a problem saying "No"??? My DH is the same way, volunteers for everything.

Congrats on 9 months!

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Happy nine months! Wow you are one busy lady!

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

You HAVE been busy! Do you EVER sit down? LOL! Wanna come and organize my life too? :-) We had a great time on the Island, BTW. I even saw Bamfield from our little Zodiac! I waved and thought of you, once living there.

Oh, and happy 9 months! :-)

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Pixel Fairy Princess said...

Wow, that is a lot! You are a busy girl! Well that make time fly :-D

I am told that Ian is a tween, and he seems to love that word as it elevates him to greater privilidges over the toddler! Funny, I guess that I to old and missed out on the tween years!

Love the decorations and the tea scrapbook!

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Roy and Lori said...

Congrats on your 9 month anniversary!
Also, enjoyed viewing the photos!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger t~ said...

Oh my, you are one busy girl!

The girls are growing up and looking so mature.

Happy 9 months down!

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Wow, how do you have time for any of this!
Congrats on your nine months down!

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Christie said...

Wow! That was some post! First of all -

Happy 9 Month LID

Totally adorable picture of your daughter talking on the phone

Love that you manage your Women's Brunch and the tables are beautiful! Our church does the very same thing and I must confess, I only attend! So I can truly say thanks for all the hard work that goes into those things, because I know it's A LOT!

Third, love the tap shoes and I think it's great that you're braving in to the world of dance. I think it's WONDERFUL! You go girl!

Hugs,
Cb

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You do sound busy but it does sound like you are having fun..great blog

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Those who serve the little dictatrice. said...

Wow! That was a great catch-up!! Seems that you have been away toooo long! You have a ton of news ... :)

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Emmie said...

WOW...it sure sounds like you are indeed very busy! 2 teenagers? phew! Well, hang in there! Thanks for the update...cute pics! You have a beautiful family!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said...

Oh my goodness, you are my kind of gal!!
Love the coral birdhouses and your arbor for the tea. If I were nearby I would get all involved and help you. As it is I am hauling my baby off with me this weekend to speak at a women's retreat.
Your girls are adorable.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Gen said...

WOW!

I did not recognize Hailey - she looks amazing but so grown up :0

 

Post a Comment

<< Home