Wednesday, March 14, 2007

My Spring Break....where's the sun???


I have been a bad blogger lately but priorities have been on finishing my class in "Performance and Healing" this past week. I finished the class on Monday night after a couple of late nights working on my final projects....I am too old for all-nighters but it couldn't be helped. So now it is my Spring Break...no trips to the beach or anything like that because the girls of course don't have the same break as me and it is raining again, YUCK! I guess the flip-flops will have to wait...








I did get some of the pictures back from the ceremony that the girls were in last month at church and they just melted my heart. They are so grown up! There are more of Kyla because in her 6th grade group there was only 2 girls participating so the photographer got lots of photo's of her...hopefully I can find some more of Hailey during the ceremony. It was such a special night!


Kyla's youth pastor and his wife present Kyla with her crown.


Dad and mom present Kyla with her ring.


The pastors, youth leader, elders and mom and dad get to pray with Kyla.


Proud mom and dad....of both the girls!!!



17 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger 4D said...

Great to hear from you! Enjoy your break nevertheless.

Lovely young ladies.

Keep smilin!

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

Congratulations on finishing your projects! I am sure that is a relief. Enjoy your break.

Your daughters are so pretty. It looks like such a memorable night.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

What a meaningful ceremony! You have such a lovely family, Elise.

Enjoy your time off. I feel like I'm crawling towards spring break. Ugh!!!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

WOW!! Thost pictures are sooo amazing!!!

What a beautiful time together!!

Blessings,

Dawn

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Robin said...

What a wonderful celebration!

Hope you enjoy your break even if you can't head to the beach. Right now, I'd opt for having a break period. (does one day count? I get to take tomorrow off)

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Ruth and Brian said...

Hey Elise:
Man, I don't have the excuse of having a class to finish to not keep up on my own blogger - yikes!!!

Happy Spring Break for you - think SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.s. pictures are beautiful. We too just had our ceremony with our oldest last weekend. It was awesome.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

They both look amazing, very beautiful.
hope the weather gets better for your spring break.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I love those pictures. What a precious and wonderful memory. I also love the idea of that ceremony. I have a friend who is doing something similar with her girls. Love it!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger jeanette said...

What beautiful girls..and a great celebration for them.

Sorry you don't have the sun...ya want me to send it up there for ya?! I'm already sick of it here! :)

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Christie said...

Great pictures! You have such beautiful girls...wow!

cb

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Beautiful girls, they look like princess's. Nice to have these memories.

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Jill and Jaap said...

Hope you had a great break!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger PandaMom said...

Hi! I visit you from time to time and love your cute site! We have a Chinese daughter who is now four going on fourteen! My hubby is a children's pastor and I love the pics of your girls being crowned. Could you email me at panda-mom @ sbcglobal.net (with no spaces, of course) and explain what the ceremony was for? I am all about new ideas for young ladies, purity, etc. Hope to hear from you... PandaMom

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger t~ said...

Enjoy your break even if your wearing rain boots!

The girls looks so beautiful, what a lovely family!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Shandra said...

Bummer that you and the girls did not have the same spring break. I hope you had a nice one anyway.

Great pictures.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Pug Mama said...

how very sweet!

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Gabbygirls said...

What is the ceroemony for???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home