Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Making Memories in Girl Scouts.....


Kyla's Girl Scout troop had their end of the year ceremony on Friday night while I was chaperoning Hailey's dance (I missed it :( ). I knew they had been a busy troop this year but when Kyla showed me the # of patches she received......whoa....they were busy!!! She has been with this troop since she was in Kindergarten (they started as Daisy's), some girls have dropped out and others joined in but it is so much fun to see these girls grow up together, watch how they have changed and matured.

Here are the patches she earned:


Interest Projects

-Home is Where the Heart Is -Polar Bear Swim
-Cookies and Dough -Holiday Fun
-Camping -Sleepless at the Mall
-From Stress to Success -Thinking Day
-Paddle, Pole and Roll -Canoe our Waters

Event Patches -Levels 1 and 2YA

-I Belong '06-'07 -Level 3 Rescue
-Hiking -Camp Survivor
-Outdoor Cook -Mother Daughter Party
-Road Trip -Water Park

Here is a cute picture from her Daisy troop way back in the beginning....they are so little!!!! Kyla is the one on the far left...
In other exciting Kyla news, many of you know that I have been home schooling Kyla for the first time this year. Our plan from the beginning was to home school her for her first year of middle school and then have her go back to middle school after the year. I have been so nervous this year that she has been getting what she needs academically from me. Actually, she has been such a great student this year...working so hard and she is very self motivated.....so I don't really know how much I helped her but she just tested to get into the honors program next year at the middle school and she got in.....yeah!!!!! This was such a relief for me to know that she didn't lose any of smarty pantsness by being home with me. I am so proud of her and she can start of middle school next year with confidence.

17 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger 4D said...

Way to go!!!

Keep smilin!

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

Wow! How exciting!!
Congratulations Kyla!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Christie said...

Oh Elise! I was totally in Daisy's!!! That picture of her when she was little made me blubber just a little bit...enough to make me stop and say "what the heck...!"

I love that she did so well - I'm a firm believer that being involved like that helps kids be more social, more attuned to other people, and more easily motivated! Way to go Kyla!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Steffie B. said...

Wow......that is one special girl you have there! Way to go! ;)

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Jewels of My Heart said...

WOW! She should be so proud!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Of COURSE she didn't lose her smarts with you!!!!! Her mom did a GREAT job! (it is something all of us homeschoolers worry about, isn't it? :-))

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Jill and Jaap said...

Way to go!!!

I love the striped top!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger redmaryjanes said...

I love girlscouts, I was one! She really had a great year, look at all of those patches!

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger cougchick said...

Congrats Kyla on the patches and the honors program. How cool.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Mommy Spice said...

Wow. You must be soooo proud! What a cutie. I love the Daisies picture. They grow too fast don't they?

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Roy and Lori said...

Looks like a wonderful
and exciting time!

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Wow she did great with getting in...and a whole load of badges too...you go Kyla!

 
At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They ae all so cute. Congrats.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Emmie said...

Congrats Kyla! What great work!
Camping at themall sure sounds like my kind of thing! :)

 
At 3:15 AM, Blogger Steffie B. said...

Just dropping by to say good morning while I sip my coffee. Getting ready for my morning walk! ;)

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger t~ said...

Woohoo! Congrats on Kyla making the honors program! She has certainly grown up!

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Praise and Coffee said...

Good for her! Tell her congrats!!
Thanks for the kind words and the "welcome to the 40 club!"

Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home