Sunday, June 24, 2007

I survived the 24 hour party...


Friday we finally had Hailey's birthday party. I am pooped out! She decided that her friends needed to be here for 24 hours....11am until 11am. I will never do that again. Don't get me wrong, the girls were very well behaved but I can't keep up with their energy for that many hours when I am the hostess. They of course didn't sleep much either and Mike was out of town for crew races, so that meant I didn't sleep because I was hyper aware of what was going on in the house, even when the sun was coming up....which I saw. They spent the afternoon playing water games at the park down the street, we had lots of food (teen girls can eat!), and wrapped the night up with the usual slumber activities (not including sneaking out for toilet papering the neighbors, thank goodness!)


This afternoon the girls and I cleaned the house, I am doing laundry and waiting for my sweetie to arrive home from his weekend away. Summer is here but the sun still has not come out in full force. That is life in the NW for you. Every spring we get a sneak peek of summer weather to tease us and then it is back to drizzle until sometime in July. So the beach days will have to wait but I am in the mood for crafting and it has been almost a year since Mike constructed my wonderful craft room, we call it the "girl garage" and I still have not done very much scrapbooking in it. I think this summer it will be my time to get caught up on all those photos that stay stored in memory on my computer and get them into scrapbook albums where they belong. I used to be so good at keeping up with my scrapping but the past couple of years has really been very sad. I don't want to get too behind or I will really just be so overwhelmed I may never scrap again. Plus, I have all these great books from when the girls were little and I need to do the same for Grace.


We had a studio rehearsal yesterday for our dance recital. I really didn't do well at all but I have a week left to practice and isn't there some saying about a bad practice a great show. A girl can hope;)


Have a great week!!!!

14 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Blogger C's Mom said...

Hooray to you all for surviving the 24 hour party. You are more woman than I am taking that on by yourself :0)

Now, get scrappin'!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Way to go mom! That sounds exhausting!

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger D said...

I'm tired just reading about it...but what a good mom. (All my college students "throw the peace sign" in their photos, too!)

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Christie said...

Well, this is the part of parenting I'm going to be leaving up to AB. I can't deal with the all-nighters...I literally hit colapse point at about 2am.

Meanwhile, I hear you on the weather and the scrapping. While we have 90 degree weather here in TX, the sky is overcast. For scrapping - I haven't touched it in way too long. Pretty sorry, really!

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Ahh.. the joys of slumber parties. Remember them well! glad you survived. the girls look like a fun bunch!

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

You're a brave, BRAVE soul to spend 24 hours with that many teenage girls. :) Glad you survived.

Have fun crafting.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Wow you are the best mom,I am sure you daughter will never forget what a cool mom she has!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

OH Elise...I can so sympathize with you! We have girl slumber parties all the time at our house and it is sooooo exhausting! :) Take comfort in knowing that you are building awesome memories for your kids though! :)

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Sounds like you had fun! It makes me tired just thinking about it. I need to get working on my books too. Maybe you can send some motivation vibes my way??

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger cougchick said...

Wow and I thought a 6 year old sleepover was tiring! You go girl!

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger redmaryjanes said...

I have been there girl! My hat is off to you, not many moms will do the BIG SLUMBERPARTY!

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Steffie B. said...

Woo-hoo for surviving the 24 hour party. They are tiring! So...when's the next party? ;)

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Roy and Lori said...

Sounds fun / exhausting !!

Glad you survived!!

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Deb said...

You are a super mom!
I had 13 teeagers with me in my room at a youth retreat and I know for sure I wouldn't have been able to do it at my house!!!! I would have pulled my hair out! Your a good sport.
Ahhhh! I bet a bath felt good after that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home