Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Heat Wave Baby!!!!


Fun in the Sun

We are having a heat wave here this week...I know most of you around the country are laughing at us in the NW when we call it hot (just like we get laughed at in winter when we cancel school for a snow storm of 1-2 inches) but we will take it none the less!!! It might hit 100 tomorrow so this called for desperate measures (we don't have air conditioning)!!!! We bought a pool and the Hailey and her friends are already outside enjoying the cool splashiness of it all. We don't have a huge backyard but somehow we squeezed in a 15' round pool which will be just perfect for our very short summer. Kyla is off with her GS troop enjoying a waterpark and theme park in Idaho so she missed out on the first swim session but she will make up for it when she gets home I am sure!!!!


Today when we went to Target to get pool toys I decided to pick up these.....


and this...

and this...

No CCAA did not just refer us twin girls (although that would be so cool!) but Hailey and Kyla will be sharing babysitting duties for their sweet cousins, Emma and Ellie, for the summer so they won't have to go to daycare. Added bonus.....Auntie Lesie gets to have these cuties around all summer too! I guess we will one busy house this summer but it will help us get used to what it might be like in a year or two:) I went ahead and bought two booster carseats for my car so we could not have to move them everyday from my sister's car and I figure we will be needed them someday soon anyways. We are planning lots of fun weekday trips to the beach, the zoo, the park....we can't wait!!!!!
Our little summer buddies!!!!!


Happy summer all!!!!!

17 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

ahhhhh I love the butterfly carseats....that might be a must have for Mulan 2! :)

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Hope you guys have a great summer with Emma and Ellie! I just love those carseats they are so adorable!

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Happy summer,all! When I saw those carseats, I definitely thought of twins. I thought you were holding out on us.....:-)

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

The pool looks so good.

OMG you gave me a shock..I thought you just got a surprise referral of twins!!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

OH I want to go shopping for you!!! Those are just wonderful!

Neat pics too!

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Pug Mama said...

pool looks great!
First thing I thought when I saw the car seats was - twins!!!!
Had me going for a minute!

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Oh! OK You had me going there for a minute with the 2 seats, would be fun though doncha think?
Happy one day of summer! lol
We didn't even get that yet!!!

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger C's Mom said...

The pool is looking wonderful!

I'm so glad I read on. i about flipped out when I saw the two pink seats. I thought you had huge news out of left field :0)

Those are some cutie pies who will be using those seats.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Christie said...

Ok - that was a FUN post! I love all the goodies you bought - we're still waiting on Summer here in TX, we're only averaging about 82-85 degrees right now - go figure?

What the frig on the air conditioning? How can you stand that!!! I would melt like a piece of chocolate in the pocket...

Ohhh, speaking of chocolate - gotta run!

 
At 4:38 AM, Blogger redmaryjanes said...

I just saw those carseats at Target 2 days ago. Very cute! You will get a ton of great use of the pool, it's been a hot summer!

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Mommy Spice said...

OOOOOh, I wish we had a pool like that in our backyard. Going to have to go pool shopping. It looks so cool and refreshing!!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger jeanette said...

those carseats are too cute!

 
At 3:49 AM, Blogger Pixel Fairy Princess said...

I love the car seat! I think that the pool was a great idea ~ now you have to go buy up all the cute swimsuits ~ after all ~ they are on sale right now :D

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Jill and Jaap said...

FUN!

who knows...maybe it will be twins!

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Nikki said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your prayers! I so appreciate it.

Looks like you are enjoying your summer to the fullest -- atta girl! Love the pool and the carseats...your nieces are adorable and I'm sure you will all have a blast together.

 
At 4:18 AM, Blogger Steffie B. said...

What fun! Have a great weekend!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger k1 said...

May I come use your pool? I don't have air conditioning either. It was 86 degrees on the main floor at 11pm the other night, and even hotter upstairs in the bedroom.

Right now, at 9:20pm, it's 80 on the main floor, and again, hotter up here.

"help me, I'm melllllllllllting!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home