Saturday, July 07, 2007

Gracie's Garden


This morning I was looking through my blog feeds I found this cute new digital scrapbook kit,(not all the blogs I look at are adoption related....gasp....I know I love the artsy fartsy ones too), I was so excited to see the name of the kit "Gracie's Garden" (the theme I want to decorate Grace's room) by Shabby Miss Jenn Designs and started thinking, "Should I start working on the nursery this summer?" I have not done anything yet in Grace's room...in fact it is looking rather sad right now. It used to be my craft room but we converted our den into my craft room last fall and now Gracie's room is just a place to store junk around the house. I close the door and don't even want to look at it. Is it too early to start thinking about her room yet? I wonder if it will make the waiting more painful or give us some joy? What are the rest of you doing? Waiting or going ahead with decorating? Part of me thinks it would be the perfect thing to work on this summer because I am not taking a class and next year I will be back in school full time to finish up by next spring. Then again if the wait goes out to 3 years that will give me another whole year....what to do?

8 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Blogger D said...

I'll tell you this: we had heard from other people that the completed nursery was a little difficult to take for a long time, so we decided not to work on the nursery much (we have gotten a chair upholstered and a window seat made). Instead, we worked on a playroom. I've gotten used to it now, but for a while, it kind of made me sad, because now not only was I missing a daughter...but we had a room just for her that was empty, too. I'm not sure I could take it...but I will be excited to see yours as I know it will be really pretty!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Mommy Spice said...

When we were waiting for S.G. we had fun getting the room ready. We probably started about 6-8 months before referral time. We just redid Mei-Mei's room as a guest room right now because we need it that way. So, we probably won't start working on her room for quite some time. We are only logged in for 2 1/2 months though.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Holly said...

We started working on Gracie's nursery about a year before we traveled to China. It took us a while and we mainly just did one little thing at a time in it. We had a really fun time decorating it.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Special K said...

I'm LID 6-14-06 so will easily wait another year or more. But I think I'm going to start the nursery in the fall. That way I can take my time and not feel rushed. And I have a bunch of adoption/attachment/parenting books that I'm saving to read until much closer to referral (cuz I don't want to forget everything if I read it now! LOL!). I have visions of those last 6 months or so before referral spent sitting in the nursery in a big upholstered rocker reading my books. But that's just me.Do whatever you feel comfortable with.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Elise, I too have struggled with this decision. I have furniture in the room that will be the nursery, but it also doubles as my husbands office so it is a little messy all the time. I want to get it finished, but then what would I have to focus on the rest of the wait. I'm sure your nursery will be gorgeous!

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger redmaryjanes said...

To be honest, I am doing nothing. I am really focusing on life today. I feel that time will start passing slower if I start focusing on Sophia's room and clothing. It's looking like it will at least be a year and a half before we have her.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger jeanette said...

here's my 2 cents worth...once you get close to your referral you're going to be so busy doing other things that you will want something big like decorating Grace's room already done. I say go ahead and start now-nothing says it has to be completely done by the end of summer, but at least you can start working on it little by little. that's just my opinion though. :)

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Hebnix said...

We are slowly starting to get Shelby's room together. I am currently refinishing some furniture, just picked up the hardware tonite! But is a slow going... We have so much time to go, and I don't want to get too involved with it right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home