Friday, December 08, 2006

Nutcracker and other fun stuff!


Yesterday we got to take the girls to see the wonderful Pacific Northwest Ballet's version of the Nutcracker. Kyla's homeschool excursion class was going so we added on a few more tickets and made it a family excursion. It was truly magical and a great way to start off the season. We were kind of in the nose bleed section but it was still worth it! Hopefully we can go again when we bring Grace home and sit up a little closer to the stage.


Other fun stuff- My Secret Pal gifts which I received for November include this darling little ladybug tea set and cute little ladybug art clips to hand Gracie's wonderful creations someday! Thank you so much to my wonderful Firefly Secret Pal!

Also, I received this wonderful sterling silver red thread bracelet from my CCAI Secret Pal and I absolutely will cherish it forever! It came with this little card explaining the meaning and it just made me tear up thinking of what it represents. Here is what is says,

"As adoption is a process, a transition from here to there on the way to a 'distination': known as your new family- so, too, the red thread in your bracelet represents a process and isn't permenant. It's not meant to be. Over time, depending on your own usage, the red thread will begin to fray. Don't pull the remaining thread out. Don't force the process to move faster than when it's meant to. When the time is rirght, the thread will slip away as quietly and gently as a baby's whisper.

Know that it hasn't disappeared but has moved inward, deep inside your heart. Your physical red thread has become your invisible red thread and now connects you heart to heart to your new daughter or son. The silver chain and charm sill remain as a lasting reminder of your adoption journey to parenthood."

Isn't it just so special and something I truly need as a reminder to be patient through this process. Thank you so much!!!!

If anyone is interested it came from AdoptShoppe.com

Also, two of my online friends are either in China or on their way to China as I write this.

First, the Horner family left yesterday and have arrived safely in Bejing. They will be meeting their beautiful daughter, AnnaClaire, on Monday. I can't wait to watch their journey!!!

Finally, Gen, who I met last summer, is traveling today with her husband, Sean, to go meet their new daughter, XinMin. Amazingly, they will crossing paths along the way with the Horner family. I can't wait to watch both of their journeys and I will be praying and wishing them all a safe and wonderful time in China!!!

9 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger 4D said...

Lovely excursion and love gifts.

Keep smilin!

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger C's Mom said...

Great gifties and the Nutcracker looks like a great time was had :0)

Can't wait to see the upcoming new families!

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

How fun!! The girls look great!
Your gifts are ultra cute and I love the bracelet! Best of luck to the Horner family!

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger t~ said...

Looks like you had a fun time! Love the gifts.

Looking forward to seeing these families meet their kiddos!

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Those who serve the little dictatrice. said...

The Nutcracker is always such a nice tradition. Looks like you received some really nice gifts, as well.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger D said...

I bet you had fun at the show...I love the holidays! I hope you get to have a lot more good times with your family this holiday season!

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Jill and Jaap said...

I love the tea set!!So cute!

Nutcracker is wonderful. One of my daughters favourite stories right now.

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Nutcracker too! Can't wait to watch the HOrner's on their journey!

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

I want a ladybug teaset!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home