Monday, April 06, 2009

Off from a blogging break....

I know it has been a long time since my blog post but life was a little crazy over the past 2 months (I know, when is not crazy?) but I do have a lot to share and thought I would try to catch up this next week.

First of all thank you to everyone who has been praying for my friend, Sue and her daughter, Maddy. She is doing very well right now and awaiting her very important bone marrow transplant. She has a little cold right now so her procedure has been delayed by a week but I know Maddy and her brother (her bone marrow donor) would appreciate more prayers for them in the coming weeks. Hailey, Kyla and I were able to see them both last month when we volunteered for an American Girl Fashion Show which benefited Children's Hospital and Maddy was the special VIP for the show we helped out with. More on that later....but I will continue to post any prayer requests for her over the next little while. I really believe God can do amazing things and Maddy's healing would be such a blessing indeed!

Right after my last post I had a couple of photo shoots to practice my new photo skills from the class I took this past fall and winter from Karen Russell. I am loving this new passion and I hope to start a little business of it once I feel my skills are at a more professional point. I am going to be setting up a photo blog soon too so I can post only my photography there. Watch for that....

In the mean time here are some of my favorite images (they were done the day before Valentine's Day, so many have that theme to it) but I loved doing them. First I am posting pictures of my favorite young family and I had the pleasure of photographing their beautiful little girl. Her daddy used to be Hailey's middle school block teacher and her mommy was Hailey's youth leader too. You might remember when we had a surprise shower for her almost two summers ago.... see here.

Enjoy these and I will post more photo shoots later....


More photos and Liptack happenings to come......

1 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger Ruth and Brian said...

Hip Hip Hooray, you're back!!! We always knew you would be, just a matter of time.

Love the photos and btw I'm still waiting for your phone call to set-up something with Abigail!!!

Best recovery wishes to hubby on the bum ankle - so sorry to hear about it and that he is out of rowing for many weeks.

Gotta run and catch some sun-ray's. Not sure how many of them we are slated to have :-)

xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home