Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!!!


Well, I know I haven't been blogging a lot lately. I still read a lot of blogs but I just haven't been much in the mood to post. So I figure I will post some highlights of the past couple of weeks in bullet post form and then add a slide show of pictures to make it easier:


-We got hit with a two week snowstorm that added a half of a week onto Christmas vacation for the girls and for Mike. (If it hadn't been vacation though they probably would have 2 weeks of snow days to make up in the summer).

-Because of the snowstorm lots of events we were looking forward to for Christmas were cancelled and about half our Christmas deliveries came after Christmas day.

-Because of the snowstorm we experienced the first "super" white Christmas ever which made for a beautiful backdrop to Christmas morning activities.

-Because of the continued snowstorm on Chrismtas day early (2am-on) my family wasn't able to make it over for our annual Christmas day dinner at our house.

-The snow didn't keep Hailey and Kyla from leaving on a trip to Mexico last Saturday with my parents.

-Since Hailey and Kyla are in Mexico with my parents.....Mike and I don't know what to do with ourselves.

-Since Hailey and Kyla are in Mexico we finally figured out we could go on a date to Seattle to visit the Pike Place Market, the original Starbucks, eat at a romantic Italian Resturaunt and Mike even indulged me in shopping at my favorite store, Anthropologie.

-Rang in the New Year playing Scrabble with Ryan Seacrest, Kelly Pickler, Taylor Swift, The Jonas Brothers and of course Dick Clark counting down the ball drop in New York City.

-Right now we are watching the Rose Bowl getting excited that new UW Huskies head coach's, Steve Sarkisian, current team USC, is dominating the game.....we have some hope now!



5 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Ruth and Brian said...

A very Happy New Year to you!!! I remember being in that place of feeling like "blogging" just didn't have the same draw it once did. Call it the excruciating long wait or whatever you want, but know that others go through it too. I check in often just to see how you are doing. And better than that, let's set up a coffee date next week if you have time. Let me know.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, ELISE!!!!!!!

 
At 4:25 AM, Blogger Steffie B. said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday season....I know what you mean about the blogging as well....I have had a hard time since last fall.....I think it is the wait.....however....we are into a New Year and I pray many babies come home to their Forever Families.....

Hugs,
Steffie

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Happy new year to you all!

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger cougchick said...

Hope your Holidays weren't too stressful with all the snow and flooding.
Love the pics.
Happy New Year to you Elise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home