Tuesday, October 28, 2008

20 years ago today.....

Mike and I went to a friends Halloween party together....that evening our friendship, which started a month and a half earlier, tranformed into something more. When he kissed me goodnight at the doorway of the annex of my sorority I knew this man (almost a boy at 20) was different. So much more mature, kind and connected with my values than anyone I had ever met or dated. I didn't know at the time but he was the "one". The one that God had picked just for me to spend my life with. I can't even imagine what life would have looked like if that night never happened. I am so thankful that we both listened to the voice inside us telling us to move forward in our relationship. It took almost a year before we truly opened up and revealed who each of us were to one another. We had both been wounded from past relationships but God knew he had a better plan for our future. We both never looked back and I am so happy we didn't. I couldn't have married the most perfect man for me! He is so special. Not only is he an amazing father, provider, protector and spiritual leader but his sense of humor always can cheer me up on the gloomiest of days. Thank you Lord for this amazing man in my life.....he is such a blessing to me!

Look at those babies....Mike was not even 21 years old yet in this picture. This was the night of the party....and to this day I don't know how I even got a picture from that night. Those were the days before I became snap happy....I don't even know if I had a camera. We are planning a date to reinact that time of early dating. We will have dinner at the restauruant, The Deluxe, where we actually had our official first date and then we are going to go the sorority house and kiss at the doorway once again for old time sake.

1 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Blogger Mike Liptack said...

hard to believe it's been 20 years (until you notice I look like I'm 8 years old in this picture). You look the same, still the most beautiful woman in my eyes. I love you!

Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home