Thursday, February 12, 2009

Please Pray....

JESUS is indeed "able to do even more than we ask or imagine" Eph. 3:20

I recently became aware that one of my friends, Sue, from my sorority pledge class has a young daughter, Maddy, who is really ill and receiving treatments for a rare form of leukemia. I know a lot of my readers are faithful prayer warriors and I would love it if you would add this family to your prayer lists.

She gave me some specific prayers that can be lifted up to our mighty and faithful Lord.
This what she wrote to me:
*
"I am a big believer in specific prayers. We would love all the prayers we can get for continued COMPLETE remission (she needs to be in complete remission in order to get the transplant) and that the transplant is successful and CURATIVE. As we figure out more of the details about the transplant when we meet with the team at the Hutch I will be sending out word for additional prayers for Jack (her big brother who will be her donor) as well as for Maddy to tolerate the treatments."
*
Then Jesus answered and said to her, "O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire." And her daughter was healed from that very hour. (Matthew 15:28)


Thank you so much!!!

7 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Elise, It's been a long time since I have commented here but I am still reading... I'm so sorry to read this post but I will definitely add your friend and her sweet Maddy to my prayer list. I fully believe in the power of prayer!!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Truly Blessed said...

Oh, I'll absolutely add sweet Maddy and her mom, Sue and brother, Jack to my prayer list (Daddy,too). God is a GREAT God and wants to answer our prayers, if only we ask.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Donna said...

So sorry to hear about little Maddy, I will pray for her.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Li Li's Mom said...

I came across your wonderful blog by googling my Ladybug Store: http://theladybugstore.com/

I will pray. I am a Messianic Jew and our Messiah Jesus healed my unsaved mother of Lung Cancer stage IV. It is now in remission!

I also love Vintage cards and art and collect them!
We adopted our Estee from Hunan China in 2002. How long does it take once your dossier is logged in? Please come visit
http://adoptchinese.org
and http://youtube.com/esteesmom to see our GOTCHA DAY. God bless you.

Andrea

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Sorry to hear about your sweet friend. I will believe in prayer for complete remission so she can get her transplant.
Praying.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Christie said...

OMG! What a sweetie...consider it done...

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Just stumbled across your blog, and could really relate to your sorority sister's ill child. Since joining facebook I have reconnected with sorority sisters I hadn't spoken to in years - and while I rejoiced in their victories I grieved with the loss of children and loved ones. I hope all is going well for this little girl and her family.
Hope referrals speed up for you! :o)
Mary Rodin - mom to 4, including 2 Princesses adopted from China via CCAI!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home