Friday, April 10, 2009

More of our Twilight Tour....


Like a talked about in my last post, I promised more pictures of our little trip out to the Olympic Peninsula to visit the town of Forks as well as LaPush to see where the Twilight books and movie were based on. It took 4 hours of driving and a ferry ride but it was worth the travel time. I had just seen the movie and began reading the series the week before so I was interested to see these places in person. LaPush really reminded me of the time we lived on Vancouver Island when the girls were little. The smell of ocean, the moss covered trees and hearing the waves crashing brought me back to the simpler days of living on our little island in Bamfield.


Hailey had started reading the books last year and loved them but was disappointed in the movie a bit. Kyla saw the movie in the theater first and then began reading the books and she seems to be more into it now that Hailey. I was concerned about them after we had a discussion regarding the popularity of the books and movie in our "Parents of Teens" class at church a couple months ago. I realized that I should have been paying more attention to them because I think they actually create a great opportunity of discussion about obsession in relationships and other topics that the storyline explores. I love fantasy but sometimes it is hard for teenagers to separate reality from fiction. I am now using these books as tools to discuss with my daughters certain behaviors that can be healthy and unhealthy in relationships.

We had fun doing the sight seeing tourist thing though and so here are some more pictures from our fun day......
In front of the Twilight store in Forks


The girls with our tour guide

Guess who else was sitting on the bus.....
Sitting in front of the high school doors......At the Cullen's House...The note they left visitors....
In front of Bella's house.....At the Forks police station...

In front of Jacob Black's house.....



Our tour bus parked at the beach in LaPush....



And we finished our fun day at the perfect time.....
Twilight of course:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home