Tuesday, November 06, 2007

A New Perspective

I have been so overwhelmed lately with school, my job at the church, being a mom, wife, etc......I was feeling sorry for myself and then I got an email this morning from a friend who just got back from a trip with two other of my friends. They went to Bangkok and Cambodia with World Concern and specifically were there to educate, help with the problem of child trafficking (child sex slaves) which is rampant in that part of the world and share the love of Jesus. Talk about I needed that slap in the face this morning. It is so amazing to me how God's timing is so perfect. I need to stop complaining about my little worries and focus on my blessings and how I can make this world a better place when I rely on my amazing God. To hear the stories about people who have so little, have endured so much pain (many of their friends and families murdered in the 70's) and yet they are thankful and are truly dependent upon God. If you want to hear more about their trip with a lot of amazing pictures click here.

10 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Truly amazing. That little piece of inspiration you needed to but your mindset back where it needed to be. Isn't it amazing how God sends us these things and if we are open to receiving them, they just come flooding in. :0)

Hope things ease up just a bit for you though with the holidays at hand.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Isn't that amazing? Just when you think you have it bad....:-)

How cool that they could do that!!!!!

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Steffie B. said...

That is just wonderful. What awesome inspiration. Thank you for putting up Verna's picture. I'm hoping she gets some new clients! ;)

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Deb said...

WOW, That would certainly puts things into perspective for me too. What sweet little faces I can't even imagine.

ps. Congrats on 15 down.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Wow that is really amazing. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Linette said...

I haven't stopped by in forever!
It is wonderful to get things put into perspective. God always has a way of doing that. :)
I'm going to read all about their trip. What an amazing experience!

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger k1 said...

The children are what keep bringing me back on mission trips. They are so poor in material goods/wealth, but they are so abundantly rich in spirit and happiness. They just really get inside your heart.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Steffie B. said...

have a great weekend!

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Wonderful and truly insperational.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger t~ said...

I am clicking over to check out their journey. I'm amazed by those that can get away and serve.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home