Friday, August 03, 2007

Fun things in the mail!!!!!

Last summer the girls and I met with Gen from Going to China....,before her and her husband moved away to Montana.

In December they traveled to China to adopt 12 year old Lana and have been a family ever since. I have loved following their story this past year but wish we could be closer so my girls could get to know Lana. Since Montana is not too far away, I am hopeful that we will meet sometime soon:)

Well........

.......I was so excited when I read on Gen's blog last week that Lana was making beautiful jewelry and was opening up an Etsy shop online to sell her creations. I was even more excited when I got to be her very first customer! Yeah me!!!! I ordered three things for my three girls. Pearl earrings for Hailey and Kyla and a cute little pearl necklace and bracelet set for Grace. Well the package came today and not only was the jewelry fabulous but so was the beautiful packaging and I loved the little card too. Lana is on her way to a great little business! Gen was so sweet and added a little gift for me. I can't wait to use my ladybug book mark and I have the perfect book that it will adorn:) If anyone else is interested in checking out Lana's great jewelry pieces...... here is a link to her Etsy Store, http://www.lanasjewelry.etsy.com/


Love the box...with the big red bow!
The little boxes were so cute too!!!! I can't wait to see my three "pearls" in their pearls!



Sorry...photo is a little blurry but isn't this book mark just the cutest!!!
Thank you Lana and Gen!

18 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger Donna said...

I'll save her site, her things are so pretty. Someone on one of my groups gave me the same ladybug bookmark, it is so cute!!

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

I used to follow Gen's blog, but I thought she was closing it down. I am so glad to she it is back. I enjoy her writing and stories so much.

The jewelery is wonderful. I love the items you bought. I'm going to take a closer look at Lana's other pieces. Thanks for posting about this.

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger D said...

so cool...it's fun getting to know other folks through the blogs, isn't it?

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger redmaryjanes said...

Wow, she is very talented. Her jewelry is beautiful and I love the bookmark.

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Holly said...

The jewelry is very pretty. I'll have to check out her site. And I love the bookmark too!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

That's great stuff....I'm going to check it out!

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting at My Glamorous Life! I followed Gen's blog in the early days, but also thought that she was closing it down. Lana is quite a talented young lady. I'll be making a purchase soon!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Robin said...

I agree that Lana's creations are beautiful. I've been trying to figure out which thing I want to get myself. Gen is an amazing mom and Lana is an amazing girl. I love following their story!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger PandaMom said...

I can't wait to go visit!

BTW: Love the honeymoon pics from way back when! LOL...our 15th is in a couple of weeks. Maybe I can post a skinny pic, too! ; )

Happy Anniversary!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger jeanette said...

oooh! what a great site! I'm loving the flip flop earrings. :)might just have to go make me a little purchase. :) thanks for telling us about it!

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger C's Mom said...

How very sweet is that?!?!

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Steffie B. said...

Oooooo....I'm going to the site! ;)

 
At 5:30 AM, Blogger t~ said...

I love Gen's story and I will have to order me some goodies at some point, they look really nice!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Love her jewelery, it is so pretty. I'll have to check it out! Happy 12 month LID.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Mommy Spice said...

Wow, what beautiful work.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Jill and Jaap said...

Wonderful!

Will have to check it out!

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Steffie B. said...

Do you still need more "scoop" about Emmie's hair?

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Pug Mama said...

I just love Gen's blog! So cool that you got to meet her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home