Monday, May 21, 2007

Back to a normal pace.......

Phew....the weekend is gone and the tea went great but I am truly exhausted. I think it will take a week just to catch up on my lack of sleep. The day was absolutely beautiful and both of the speakers were amazing!!! I think the event really blessed a lot of women in our area and that was why we do it! So all the work from everyone involved was well worth it!!! Of course I didn't get a chance to take very many pictures of the decorations because I was so busy decorating but there was someone there to take photos so I hope to receive them very soon. I did get a few though during the tea so those are the ones I will post for now.

My real hero through this whole process was my wonderful husband!!! I am so amazed that I ended up marrying such a loving and supportive man! He put up with so much stress these past few weeks, not to mention he built the beautiful arbors for the event and still worked at Microsoft usually 12 hour days because they were finishing up a Beta for their product. Mike, your are the BEST!





Last weekend Kyla and I attended the Between conference put on by Virtuous Reality and it was also an amazing day. We even made the slide show on their myspace page. The main speaker was girls book author Nancy Rue and she had a lot of great things to share about tween issues. You can check her out at her website www.nancyrue.com . We even made it on the Virtuous Reality myspace slideshow. Hehehe:o) Kyla got a kick out to that.
Here is the picture from that-





Mothers day was wonderful too....I have the best kids in the whole world. They were so patient with me these past few weeks, but I am sure they are ready to have their easy going, well rested mother back. Hailey had a birthday coming up next week though so you know we will be planning another bash. 14, YIKES!

Mother Day 2007

Here are some pics of the Girl Scout mother-daughter 80's party from last week too. It was "like" a "totally" fun night!!! Totally!!!




It will take me a few days to catch up on everyone elses blogs but I can't wait to hear what has been going on in adoption blogger world.

7 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

Looks like you had a great tea!! I am so glad it went well for you.

You are so busy, but it all looks like so much fun.

Get some rest ~ you deserve it!

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Glad the tea went well, the decorations and tables look great.

You have been so so busy...I bet you could sleep for a week!

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

The tea looked LOVELY! And the 80's party? Hilarious! Looks like me in grade 7! Puffy hair and all!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Steffie B. said...

Love the 80's party! Looks like you have been one busy Mom! ;) Glad the tea went well!

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Looks like you had a great time! Glad it all went well for you.

Ps. I noticed you commented on your last post about missing your 9th LID....did your tenth just go by? If so Happy 10th LID!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Oh! Just double checked your 10th is in a week so happy early 10th LID!!!!! I think I was looking at your DTC ticker!

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger cougchick said...

So glad to have you back! The tea looked beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home