Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Another Crazy December!!!!

I know we are known to be a rainy place but come on! Yes, it is wet here in the NW but usually we are dreary and misty not full out down pour. It started snowing over the weekend and then by Sunday night the heaven's opened up and the rain just kept coming and coming. I went to class yesterday morning and half of the freeway that I travel on was already flooded. I should have gotten a clue from that. There was an announcement at school that campus was shutting down (they never shut down) and that should have given me another clue that this was big! I started to head home but I didn't get very far. I inched along the highway and it took me an hour and half to get from one exit to the next. We were detoured off the highway, which was now completed shut down because it was under water. As I got off the highway I looked to the right and this is what I saw.....

I couldn't believe it! I got a little panicky. What else was going on and would I be able to get home? I kept the radio on and I was able to work my back home through back roads that seemed to be OK. It took me 2 and 1/2 hours to finally make it home on a route that would usually only be 20-30 minutes.


Unfornately, because of all the flooding we missed out on Mike's grandma's 90th birthday celebration. We really wanted to spoil this special lady but we had no choice but to stay home where we were safe.



This picture was taken on Mother's Day. Doesn't she look fabulous? I hope I look that good if I make it to 90! Happy Birthday Gigi!!!

As I am posting this I can see a beautiful rainbow out the back of my house. Maybe that is sign that the weather is about to change for the better.

11 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger k1 said...

I'm glad you made it home eventually. We were supposed to have our bible study in Canyon Park but it was cancelled due to the water everywhere. I'm glad I come home through Redmond and not Woodinville! W Lake Samm sits high enough above the Samm Slough, that the water spread the other direction and not to the roadway.

Sorry you had to miss the 90th birthday party. She's a beautiful lady. We had a 90th for my Grandma too, back in 1993.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Ruth and Brian said...

So sorry to hear that you missed Grandma's 90th bday party. What a beautiful woman she is.

I am so glad that the waters are receding as it sure makes everything so much more complicated. When you have places to be and no means to getting there or back for that matter, it gets frustrating.

Glad to know you made it home safely.

Forgot to ask, can you see everything on my blog now?

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Ruth and Brian said...

Can I just say Dang it!!! I can't believe you can't see my background - nothing special just a cool green color, but still, all my work for nothing!

UGGGhhhhhh back to the drawing board.

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger k1 said...

Sorry Ruth, I can't see the background either. Nice header though!

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Oh wow that is a lot of water! Hope it clears up soon. Love your header!

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Yikes! I heard about your crazy weather!

And you are SO right, she is a knockout at 90!!!!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Steffie B. said...

On my goodness.....and yes I hope I look that fabulous at 90 too! Stunning!

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Sissy Sarah and Miss Maddy said...

I think i would cry if i lived somewhere where it rained that much... move to ohio. We may get snow, but at least if you live anywhere besides the snow belt, its not that bad. Or better yet, move to florida!!! :-)

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Ruth and Brian said...

Elise~ Thank you for the birthday wishes! Considering I've only tried on 40 now for 21+ hours, I will hold my final decision until further notice (as if I had any decision at all huh?). My day was fabulous with lots of phone calls, cards & presents - love those.

As for the blog, I'm afraid I am going to have to go back to a plain template until I can figure out what to do with it. So frustrating.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Glad you were safe, that must have been scary! And, she looks amazing for 90!!

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Mommy Spice said...

Wow, I didn't realize you guys were getting so much rain. Glad you're ok. I'm sorry you missed your grandmother's bday. She looks fantastic. I hope she had a happy one.

Merry Christmas!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home