Thursday, January 18, 2007

"Ni Hao, Kai-Lan"

All I can say I am totally excited about a new cartoon about a Chinese-American family that is coming out on Nick Jr. I just heard about it from the RQ site and I finally located a picture on the web and it looks like an adorable new cartoon. Just in time too! I have also read a lot of different articles about this new animated show (they don't give out a lot of info) and I am not sure if it is going to be airing this spring or fall (I have read both dates). Regardless, I think this will be a great addition to the cartoon line up that celebrates cultural diversity along with other shows like Dora.

If anyone knows anymore info about it I would love to know!!!

PS. It is finally raining again....I thought I would never be so excited to see some rain;)

10 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Jill and Jaap said...

Can't wait to see this on tv! Looks wonderful!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger 4D said...

Looks interesting!

Keep smilin!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Pug Mama said...

first time I've heard about it...how cute is that!

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been hearing about this for a while too... can't wait!!!

Lisa : )

 
At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They did a small market trial in the DFW area last year. I did not see it but I was glancing at a TV guide in a Dr. waiting room last year and read about it. Sounded prety intresting. Dora is such a huge hit around our house I only hope this is also.

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never heard of it! I sure hope we get it on our stations! Thanks for the heads-up!

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read about it on RQ too! It looks like it might be really neat! My kids love Dora the Explorer and this is supposed to be sorta like that! Can't wait!

 
At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard about this and I'm so excited to see it!

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said...

Kai-lan is a character on Nick Jr's show called Downward Doghouse. Here's a link
http://www.nickjr.com/shows/down/index.jhtml
where you can read about the creator, Karen Chau, see a clip, and play a lantern festival game.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger t~ said...

Thanks for the tip, I haven't heard of this cartoon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home