Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Confessions of a teenage "Madonna Wanna-Be"

O.K. I must becoming more secure as I get older because what I am about to show you is really embarrassing...OK, here goes....and mom if you are reading this, now that I am almost ?.....yes, I did look pretty silly and now I know why you and dad couldn't stop laughing at me and my friends as we headed out to the underage new wave dance clubs in Seattle.

The best part about getting older.....you can laugh at yourself when you were young.


The funny part of it all was I was also a cheerleader....what a combination!!!

OK...I saved the very best for last....gee whiz...what was I thinking? And no this wasn't my senior picture....thank goodness my mother would never have allowed that....although I might have tried to convince her....heeheehee.

Ok.....just remember when you see those kids with the purple hair and the funky fashions.....someday those kids might grow up to be PTA Presidents, Sunday School Teachers, and parents of teens too....this girl did...hope you all got a good chuckle! Two more days and counting.....

9 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

OMG those are fantastic photo's and when I laugh it is with you not at you because I have some photo's just like that. Yep its slightly embarrasing to look back isn't it!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger 4D said...

Those are great! You were very adventurous!

Keep smilin!

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I too was a Madonna wanna-be. The big hair, the interesting clothes, the blue eyeshadow.... my bus driver actually called me "ole mouldy eyes" because I wore so much of it. Thanks for the blast from the past. I was laughing so hard, it's just so 80's and it was exactly how I looked too! The last picture is truly blackmail material.....:-)

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger jeanette said...

Oh my goodness! :) I love how the music on your blog coordinates to your photos today! What a hoot!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

I just about spit my milk out of my nose!!!! These are crazy pictures! I do have students with crazy colors of hair and mad accessories...it's all about individuality. Good for you for being brave!

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

Wow! What a flashback! You looked so cool! I don't know what your parents were laughing at. You were rockin'! LOL

I love the purple eyes!

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

I think we were in high school at the same time. ;-)

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger t~ said...

What a hoot! I give you a ton of "atta girl's" just for posting them! Gotta love the Madonna phase!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Special K said...

OMG!! Love these pics!!

I remember all of this, too. I had all the rubber bracelets and funky colored beads and crazy hair and make-up. Ahhh memories...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home